America spends over $500 billion every year so that elderly Medicare patients can get the care they need. But as health care costs rise, many are taking a closer look at what exactly we’re paying for. We’ve been conducting a yearlong investigation into a prominent hospital chain in California that is reporting unusually high rates of serious diseases. Watch our video on this story, which also aired on PBS NewsHour.
- smdy reblogged this from centerforinvestigativereporting
- windandgold reblogged this from centerforinvestigativereporting
- thecuttingroom reblogged this from centerforinvestigativereporting
- sosungalittleclodofclay reblogged this from sosungalittleclodofclay and added:
- jhermann likes this
- be-wary-for-there-are-zombies likes this
- centerforinvestigativereporting posted this
Founded in 1977, the Center for Investigative Reporting is the nation's oldest nonprofit investigative news organization, producing multimedia reporting that has impact and is relevant to people's lives. Building on our long track record of award-winning print, broadcast and web reporting, CIR is now seeking to help lead the way in transforming journalism for the 21st century.