America spends over $500 billion every year so that elderly Medicare patients can get the care they need. But as health care costs rise, many are taking a closer look at what exactly we’re paying for. We’ve been conducting a yearlong investigation into a prominent hospital chain in California that is reporting unusually high rates of serious diseases. Watch our video on this story, which also aired on PBS NewsHour.
- smdy reblogged this from centerforinvestigativereporting
- thecuttingroom reblogged this from centerforinvestigativereporting
- sosungalittleclodofclay reblogged this from sosungalittleclodofclay and added:
- jhermann likes this
- be-wary-for-there-are-zombies likes this
- centerforinvestigativereporting posted this
At The Center for Investigative Reporting, we believe journalism that moves citizens to action is an essential pillar of democracy. Since 1977, CIR has relentlessly pursued and uncovered injustices that otherwise would be hidden from the public eye. Today, we are upholding this legacy and looking forward, working at the forefront of journalistic innovation to produce important stories that make a difference and engage our audiences across the aisle, coast to coast, and worldwide. What drives our work isn't profit – it's impact. Learn more at http://cironline.org/